Recent Posts With Thumbnails v3

Powered by Blogger.

A Voice of One Crying in the Wilderness, Part 2



Pastor Ty Blackburn, Providence Duluth
January 23, 2011

“John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, ‘I am the voice of one calling in the desert, Make straight the way for the Lord......I baptize with water, but among you stands one you do not know. He is the one who comes after me, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.’  This all happened at Bethany on the other side of the Jordan, where John was baptizing.  The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, ‘Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! This is the one I meant when I said, A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’” (John 1:23, 26-30)

"We started last week looking at the testimony of John the Baptist which John, the author of this gospel, the apostle John, introduces as he unfolds this portrait of Jesus Christ. We said that in some sense John’s purpose is to prove that Jesus is the Messiah, that He is the Christ, that He is the Son of the Living God. He wants everyone that reads this book to believe that because he, himself, has become convinced of that.  And what he does is, in many ways, is call witness after witness after witness, almost like a lawyer making his case. And the first witness he calls for testimony is John the Baptist." (Ty Blackburn)



And for anyone who would like to enjoy the magnificent Scripture referenced above set to music, below is the London Philharmonic Orchestra performing a portion of Handel's Messiah, "Comfort Ye My People." (Isaiah 40:1-3)


See also:






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Transcendental Meditation Technique . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Design by Herdiansyah . Published by Borneo Templates